I paint in a sunny studio in coastal Biddeford, Maine during the winter months. When the weather permits, I pack my easel and head out in the landscape all over New England to work in the changing weather. I enjoy the immediacy of the outdoor painting experience. I really see the light and color when I am out in the world working and that translates to art with more truth. When I am in the studio I tend to work on larger pieces and get interested in surface effects and mark making.
I work with oil paints primarily now but I have used watercolor, gouache, pastel, graphite and ink as well. Textiles, sculpture, photography, old master paintings are inspiration as well as other contemporary artists. I am influenced by music and listen to all kinds.
- 2004 residency at the Vermont Studio Center
- 2010 elected member of the Ogunquit Art Association
- 1976- 1980: Paier College of Art in New Haven, CT
- Continued study at the Maine College of Art in Portland Maine
You can buy my art at these great galleries:
- The Barn Gallery, Ogunquit, ME • www.barngallery.com
- Or make and appointment to come by my studio to see the newest paintings! firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign up below to join my email list. You will receive an occasional newsletter with studio events, new paintings as they are posted, and invitations to exhibitions. Fill in the blocks below and click the sign up button, and you're done!